Kerri Geach. LMT in IL and FL
- University of San Diego, CA Bachelors of Arts Degree in Communication
- Mount Mary College, Milwaukee, WI Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Kishwaukee College, Kishwaukee, IL Massage Certificate
- Orthopedic and hand therapist for 15 years as an Occupational Therapist
- Massage therapist for eight years, owned own clinic for four years in Illinois practicing MFR
- John Barnes Myofascial Release Therapist, Expert level, assistant instructor
My Myofascial Release Practice Philosophy
Each client is looked at as an individual. The treatment session will be tailored specifically to your concerns as outlined in the detailed evaluation completed by you, a visual assesment of posture and movement and an assessment of the body tissues through palpation. These sessions are hands-on and clients often report not only pain relief and improved motion, but also mental, physical and emotional improvements. My practice adheres to the standards of personal attention, quality and ethical care. Thank you for allowing me to participate with you in your healthcare. I realize you have a choice!
Why I chose John Barnes Myofascial Release
I spent 15 years as an Occupational Therapist using the traditional medical model as my standard for healthcare. After having a family and getting my massage license, I opened my own practice to allow for greater flexibility. I decided to try John Barnes Myofascial Release as one of my first continuing education courses. After the first day, I knew I would have a difficult time returning to traditional healthcare. I had never seen anything like it. After not being able to run for a year without a swollen knee, I gave it a test drive after the first day of a three-day course. I ran two miles without ANY residual swelling or knee pain! I had never heard information about how the body is affected by the fascia. It was life altering and I knew this was, as John says, "The healthcare wave of the future." Myofascial Release has changed how I practice, view the body and even how I live my life.